- 2019-01-17 On 17 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening ceremony of an exhibition of photos of the Jewish Cemetery at the Vilnius Saulėtekis School
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the 5th Annual Nordic Conference
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 11:15 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Ambassador of Turkmenistan
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with foreign ambassadors accredited to Lithuania
Foreign Ministry's statement on actions by the Russian Federation in the Kerch Strait
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania strongly condemns actions undertaken by the Russian Federation on 25 November against Ukrainian navy vessels, which resulted in a physical blockade of the Azov Sea and the ramming of Ukrainian boats. In addition, the Russian coast guard vessels opened fire, injured Ukrainian sailors, and illegally seized Ukrainian navy vessels.
We stress that these provocative actions by the Russian Federation violate Ukraine's sovereignty, territorial integrity, fundamental principles of international law, and cannot be qualified otherwise than an act of open military aggression against Ukraine.
Lithuania does not recognize the illegal annexation of Crimea, condemns the illegal construction and maintenance of the Kerch Bridge, the militarisation of the Crimean Peninsula and the Sea of Azov by the Russian Federation, as well as the blockade of Ukrainian ports in the Azov Sea.
Lithuania calls on the Russian Federation to immediately end these aggressive actions against Ukraine, release seized Ukrainian navy vessels and their crews, and to restore the undisturbed navigation of the Sea of Azov.
We call on the international community to strongly condemn these illegal actions by Russia, to use all means in countering them, and to demand that Russia should immediately end them.