- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė participates in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January at 3 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the International Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Key international questions about the Astravets NPP discussed
On 21 October, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs held a meeting of the working group on nuclear and radiation safety and environmental matters of the nuclear power plants planned to be built in the neighbourhood of Lithuania.
The meeting was attended by Linas Linkevičius, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Žygimantas Vaičiūnas, Minister of Energy, Kęstutis Mažeika, Minister of the Environment, representatives of the State Nuclear Power Safety Inspectorate, Radiation Protection Centre, Fire and Rescue Department, and other institutions. Astravets NPP related questions in terms of the environment, nuclear safety, and energy were discussed; an agreement concerning further actions in international space was reached.
Minister Linkevičius noted a tense international agenda: the European Commission of a new composition, the 2020 conference of the Convention on Nuclear Safety, and the meeting of the Contracting Parties to the Espoo Convention. On the EU level, the preparation for the review of the Belarus National Action Plan in the wake of EU stress tests within the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) with a view to appropriate and timely implementation of the EU stress test recommendations aimed at the NPP’s better safety.