- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė participates in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January at 3 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the International Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
L. Linkevičius congratulates Grand Chancellor of Order of Malta on St. John's Day
On 24 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated the Grand Chancellor of the Order of Malta, Albrecht Freiherr von Boeselager, and all members of the Order of Malta on St. John's Day. St. John the Baptist is the Order's patron saint.
Lithuania's Foreign Minister thanked the Order of Malta for the provision of humanitarian assistance, the exercise of charity, the implementation of social and health care programs and projects that target the poor, seniors, people with disabilities, and children from low-income families in Lithuania.
"We also greatly appreciate the effort of the Order of Malta to promote voluntary activities in Lithuania. Thank you for drawing public attention to the weakest, most vulnerable members of our society, and for involving young people in social initiatives," L. Linkevičius wrote in his letter.
The Order of Malta Relief Organization in Lithuania was established in 1991. Currently, it has over 1,500 volunteers in 42 locations nationwide. In addition, Lithuanian Maltesers have established child day care centers, youth centers, and clubs for seniors. They provide care for the elderly and vulnerable, and carry out charitable campaigns.
The Order of Malta has diplomatic relations with over 100 states and the European Union. It also enjoys permanent observer status with the United Nations. The Order of Malta and Lithuania established their diplomatic relations on 9 July 1992.