- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė participates in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January at 3 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the International Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Lithuania accedes to Additional Protocol to Convention on Transfer of Sentenced Persons
On 14 October, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Lithuania to the Council of Europe Laima Jurevičienė presented the ratifications of the Protocol amending the Additional Protocol to the Convention on the Transfer of Sentenced Persons (Strasbourg, 22.XI.2017) to the Deputy Secretary General of the Council of Europe Gabriella Battaini-Dragoni.
The Protocol aims to further the social rehabilitation of sentenced foreign nationals by allowing the sentence to be served in the country of origin.
Lithuania also envisages provisional application of the Protocol prior to its entry into force.