- 2018-10-19 On 19 October at 2.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a meeting of participants of the 1989 expedition to Siberia at the Memorial Complex of the Tuskulėnai Peace Park
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
Lithuania mints a silver coin dedicated to the centenary of its diplomatic service
On 13 February, a presentation of coins issued by the Bank of Lithuania on the occasion of the centenary of the restoration of the state of Lithuania took place at the House of Signatories in Vilnius. One coin is dedicated to Lithuania’s diplomatic service.
“It is symbolic that Lithuania’s diplomatic service and the state of Lithuania are both celebrating their 100th anniversary this year. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania was the first government institution of the restored state of Lithuania and the diplomatic service has operated for a hundred years uninterruptedly. During the period of occupation, we had our own representatives, legations, even premises in Washington, D.C., and London,” said the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius, when presenting the coin.
On 13 February, the Bank of Lithuania issued a new series of coins – the gold coin is dedicated to signatories, while three silver coins are dedicated, respectively, to the country’s diplomatic service, military and paramilitary force, and the judicial system.