- 2019-01-17 On 17 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening ceremony of an exhibition of photos of the Jewish Cemetery at the Vilnius Saulėtekis School
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the 5th Annual Nordic Conference
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 11:15 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Ambassador of Turkmenistan
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with foreign ambassadors accredited to Lithuania
Lithuania mints a silver coin dedicated to the centenary of its diplomatic service
On 13 February, a presentation of coins issued by the Bank of Lithuania on the occasion of the centenary of the restoration of the state of Lithuania took place at the House of Signatories in Vilnius. One coin is dedicated to Lithuania’s diplomatic service.
“It is symbolic that Lithuania’s diplomatic service and the state of Lithuania are both celebrating their 100th anniversary this year. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania was the first government institution of the restored state of Lithuania and the diplomatic service has operated for a hundred years uninterruptedly. During the period of occupation, we had our own representatives, legations, even premises in Washington, D.C., and London,” said the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius, when presenting the coin.
On 13 February, the Bank of Lithuania issued a new series of coins – the gold coin is dedicated to signatories, while three silver coins are dedicated, respectively, to the country’s diplomatic service, military and paramilitary force, and the judicial system.