- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė participates in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January at 3 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the International Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Lithuanian and German Foreign Ministers meet in Berlin
On 22 October, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas in Berlin.
“Germany is leading the NATO enhanced forward presence battalion in Lithuania. The country has carried out NATO's Baltic Air Policing mission ten times. We particularly appreciate that, because it enhances security not only in Lithuania, but also in the entire Baltic region,” said L. Linkevičius.
L. Linkevičius noted that Germany's role was not only especially important in ensuring security of the Baltic states, but also in preserving transatlantic relations in the face of current political challenges.
The two Foreign Ministers also discussed topical issues of bilateral cooperation, safety of the Ostrovets nuclear power plant, relations with Belarus and Russia, and further assistance to Ukraine on its reform path. In addition, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister and H. Maas exchanged their views on the situation in Syria and Brexit.
L. Linkevičius invited the Federal Foreign Minister of Germany to visit Lithuania.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister also opened the exhibition entitled “Smart Country Convention” in Berlin. Lithuania is this year’s partner country. 15 Lithuanian IT companies are presenting their smart solutions at the national stand.