- 2020-02-24 On 24 February at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Founder and Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum Klaus Schwab
- 2020-02-24 On 24 February at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Director-General of the World Trade Organization Roberto Azevêdo
- 2020-02-24 On 24 February at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the “Alliance for multilateralism in Geneva, promotion of international humanitarian law” event
- 2020-02-24 On 24 February at 6:0 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Francis Gurry
- 2020-02-24 On 24 February at 6:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius gives a welcome speech and attends a commemorative event marking the 30th anniversary of the restoration of Lithuania’s independence
Lithuania's Diplomacy Star awarded in Brussels
On 26 June in Brussels, Giles Portman, who heads the East Stratcom Task Force of the European External Action Service (EEAS) from 2015, received Lithuania's Diplomacy Star. The East Stratcom Task Force is the sole institutional response of the European Union to Russia's organized disinformation campaigns against EU institutions and its member states.
"The EU's efforts to counter disinformation were stepped up. Four years ago, we started asking ourselves about the need to make the effort. We have achieved great progress in almost reaching a consensus among EU member states that only by working together can we build resilience to disinformation and hybrid threats," said the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius, who conferred the Foreign Ministry’s award of honor on G. Portman.
G. Portman is awarded for the merits of active support for the creation and strengthening of the East Stratcom Task Force, his purposeful leadership in 2015-2019, as well as his personal contribution to raising awareness of the threat posed by the Russian Federation to the EU's democracy and stability in wider Europe.