- 2018-12-12 to 2018-12-16 On 12-16 December, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in meetings of the initiative of the Enhanced Partnership in Northern Europe (e-PINE) in Washington, D.C.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting at the Seimas.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 3.15 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the annual conference of the Eastern Europe Studies Centre
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Uzbekistan
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius, as part of a delegation led by the President of Lithuania, is attending the meeting of the European Council
Minister L. Linkevičius bids farewell to the Turkish Ambassador
On 27 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the outgoing Ambassador of Turkey to Lithuania Aydan Yamancan. In the meeting, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister thanked the Turkish Ambassador for her efforts to promote bilateral relations and beautiful initiatives aimed at acquainting the Lithuanian general public with the Turkish culture.
The Ambassador was pleased with the Foreign Minister‘s bilateral meetings during his visits to Turkey and also in Lithuania in 2018. She welcomed the growing economic cooperation and investments. A. Yamancan noted the importance of direct contacts between the people of Turkey and Lithuania. Turkey has long been one of the most popular tourist destinations. In addition, academic exchanges have intensified in recent years.
The Ambassador Aydan Yamancan is the eighth Ambassador of Turkey to Lithuania after the restoration of Lithuania's independence. Turkey and Lithuania signed the “Friendship Agreement” on 17 September 1930. The two countries re-established their diplomatic relations on 3 September 1991.